Fountain pens aren't all the same. To use and maintain your writing instrument properly, you should know how they work. In this article, we will try to answer one of the most commonly asked questions: what is an ink converter for a fountain pen and how does it work?
What is an ink converter? - This is a section of your stylograph, where the writing liquid is stored. Converters might be filled with bottled ink. This is the duty of the individual who uses the writing instrument. This peculiarity makes ink converters more popular than ordinary cartridges because with converters you can use a big variety of bottled inks. It’s also an eco-friendly option because one doesn’t throw a converter away when it’s empty.
It’s not enough just to answer what is an ink refill converter. To enjoy the best user experience, learn how this device should be applied.
How does one use an ink converter? Before filling an ink converter, make sure its sizes fit the writing instrument well. Pen converters might also be different. Below, you'll get familiar with a tutorial on how to fill the most common type of converters. If everything is okay, we suggest following these steps:
- Unscrew your pen into two parts.
- Put the nib of a pen into the bottle filled with the necessary writing liquid.
- To fill in the devices with the liquid, start pulling the plunger and ensure that the ink goes up into the chamber.
- When the refiller is filled in, check if it doesn’t leak and carefully put it into your writing instruments.
- Put the unscrewed sections of the tool together.
- The ink might not start flowing onto the surface instantly. You should check this before writing on a paper.
- When you complete these simple stages, your writing tool is ready for use. Enjoy writing!